Municipal wastewater screening to adapt to flow and debris conditions
Plant resiliency starts at the headworks – with screening made simple
Removing non-biological solids early in the wastewater treatment process translates into more efficient and reliable operation of downstream equipment. Thus, effective preliminary treatment is an important determinant of overall plant performance.
Duperon offers screening solutions and expertise to build wastewater plant resilience.
- It begins with simple, reliable, and adaptive screening that handles the unique conditions of your plant, with minimal downtime or maintenance.
- Removing the bulk of the solids allows the downstream treatment processes to operate as it should; problem-free, reducing operation and maintenance costs and ensuring process integrity.
- Screening improves the efficiency of biological and chemical wastewater treatment processes to meet regulations, NPDES permits and maintain environmental compliance.
- Washing and compacting cleans organic material from screenings allowing for more nutrients in the biological process and cleaner solids going to the landfill. Washer compactors also reduce disposal costs by reducing both volume and weight of screenings.
- All of which allows your team and resources to focus on other treatment demands.
More than 35 years ago, Duperon set out to build a better screening system. We learned about the known challenges and predictable results of existing options. By applying innovation, Duperon led the market to a new standard of simple, low maintenance and adaptable equipment with the invention of the FlexRake®.
Innovation remains a design standard as we continue to creatively solve problems and invent new products for liquid/solids separation applications:
- Preliminary treatment
- Septage receiving
- Sludge screening
- Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs)
- Raw water intakes
- Piped influent
- Pump stations
- Lift stations
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) prescreening
- Algae screening (typically pre-disinfection)
Solutions to address the following
Every process has its unique challenges. Duperon engineers will work with you to achieve your specific process goals, while bringing decades of liquid/solids separation experience and know-how to the conversation in the following areas:
- Fine screens
- Coarse screens
- Mechanical bar screens
- Perforated screens
- Drum screens
- Flushable wipes removal
- Washing compacting
- Debris handling
Bar openings greater than ½ in
Preliminary treatment screening. Pump protection.
Openings ½ in down to 0.020 in
Solids removal before secondary or tertiary treatment.
Collection and Conveyance
Processing and transport of collected screenings.
working with us
Top notch in simplicity and reliability
WWTP Superintendent, Goshen Wastewater Treatment Plant
Products quick guide
|Product Name||Screen Type||Bar Opening||Bar Type||Engineering|
|Dual Auger System||Coarse||~¾ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Pre- Engineered|
|FlexRake® IQ™||Coarse & Fine||⅛ in to 4 in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® IQ2™||Coarse & Fine||¼ in – 4 in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration Fine Screen||Fine||¼ in to ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration||Coarse||Greater than ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Heavy Duty||Coarse||2 in – 4 in||Slotted Bar, SSTL in wastewater||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Low Flow||¼ inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, 1 inch||Removable Bar, SSTL||Pre- Engineered|