Pulp & Paper
Reliable screening for intakes, process water recycling and wastewater treatment that serve the pulp and paper industry
Optimized water management for sustainable profitability
Water plays an essential role in the pulp and paper industry. A plant’s productivity and profitability have a direct correlation to its water usage and associated treatment costs. Duperon liquid/solids separation technologies help pulp and paper operations run smoothly and optimize water use.
- Since water is required for almost every part of the manufacturing process, it is critical that production has uninterrupted flow.
- As water is drawn from an intake (or recycled) it must be free of debris to avoid damaging downstream equipment and processes. Simple, reliable screening at the intake eliminates blinding and captures harmful debris ensuring consistent water supply for production.
- To reduce costs and their environmental impact, many pulp and paper facilities recycle their process water. To successfully do this, contaminants that were introduced in the manufacturing process must be removed before process water can be reused. Screens designed to efficiently separate liquid and solids increase plant productivity and maximize water reuse, providing a significant cost savings.
- Additionally, screening can recover pulp and fiber, increasing profitability by recovering valuable material from the waste stream and reducing disposal costs.
- Screening improves the efficiency of biological and chemical wastewater treatment processes that are often required to meet regulations, discharge permits and maintain environmental compliance.
- All of which allows you to focus your team and resources on production rather than treatment.
Duperon offers solutions for pump protection at intake screens, solids removal for process water reuse, and preliminary treatment for onsite wastewater for the pulp and paper industry. The simplicity of Duperon’s equipment translates into reliability, eliminating downtime, minimal maintenance, all while helping meet discharge compliance.
Duperon screens are designed to be simple and durable in order to perform in a variety of conditions. Materials of construction are selected to maximize the life of the equipment in extreme temperature and PH levels. Our simple designs can be applied to solve high organic loading, batch processing, and a wide range of flow conditions without significant manpower requirements in the following applications:
- Pulp and paper processing
- Particle board
- Paper recycling
- Paper packaging
Solutions to address the following:
Duperon application engineers have listening down to a science. We will work with you to achieve your specific process goals, while bringing decades of liquid/solids separation experience to the conversation. Duperon screens can be used to solve a variety of pulp and paper processing to address the following:
- Coarse screening
- Intake screens
- Fine screening
- Preliminary wastewater treatment
- Resource recovery screens
- In-channel screening
- Piped-in screening
- Packaged screening solutions
- Pump protection
- Drum screens
- Disinfection prescreening (Ozone, chlorine, UV, etc)
- Clarifier prescreening
- Aeration/settling pond prescreening
Bar openings greater than ½ in
Used for pump protection in raw water intakes
Openings ½ in down to 0.020 in
Solids removal prior to process water recycling
Solids removal prior to clarification, aeration, and/or disinfection treatment
Collection and Conveyance
Processing and transport of collected screenings for disposal
Products quick guide
|Product Name||Screen Type||Bar Opening||Bar Type||Engineering|
|FlexRake® Fine Screen||Fine||0.020 in to ⅛ in||Wedgewire, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® IQ||Coarse & Fine||⅛ in to 4 in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration Fine Screen||Fine||¼ in to ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration||Coarse||Greater than ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|Package Screening System||Coarse & Fine||0.020 to 2 in||Slotted Bar or wedgewire, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Heavy Duty||Coarse||2 in – 4 in||Slotted Bar, A36 Steel, coated for intake. SSTL in wastewater||Site Specific|