Food & Beverage
Providing reliable mechanical screening to reduce solids loading on secondary wastewater treatment
High-Quality Effluent Flows to the Bottom Line
Duperon helps customers achieve a high-quality effluent and reduces operating expenses in food and beverage wastewater processing.
- It begins with simple, reliable screening that handles the unique conditions of your plant, with minimal downtime or maintenance.
- By removing the bulk of the solids loading, it allows the downstream treatment processes to operate as it should; problem-free, reducing costs and ensuring uninterrupted production.
- Screening improves the efficiency of process water treatment to meet regulations, product quality demands and maintain environmental compliance.
- All of which allows you to focus your resources on production rather than treatment.
Reliably removing solids through screening is an effective strategy to reduce biological oxygen demand (BOD), fats/oils/greases (FOG) and other waste by-products. Screening can also reclaim materials for beneficial use that would otherwise undergo disposal or require costly additional treatment.
The simple design and durable materials of Duperon screens not only allows them to perform under a range of process demands such as high organic loading, batch processing, various debris, temperature, PH levels, and flow conditions but ensures a long product life.
Duperon proven screening technologies can be applied to a wide variety of food and beverage processes including:
- Frozen foods
- Fruit & vegetable processing
- Meat rendering
- Pet food
- Processed foods
- Soups & salsas
- Sugar processors
Solutions to address the following
Duperon engineers wastewater solutions for a wide variety of food and beverage processing plants. We work closely with you to understand your challenges and develop low-maintenance, long-term solutions. Our food and beverage screening solutions address the following:
- Coarse screening
- Fine screening
- Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) prescreening
- Suspended Air Flotation (SAF) prescreening
- Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) prescreening
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) prescreening
- Aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment pre-screening
- In-channel screening
- Piped-in screening
- Packaged screening solutions
- Process pump protection
- Drum screens
Bar openings greater than ½ in
Preliminary treatment screening for by-product removal
Openings ½ in down to .020 in
Solids removal before flotation, clarification, filtration and/or biological treatment
Collection and Conveyance
Processing and transport of collected screenings
Products quick guide
|Product Name||Screen Type||Bar Opening||Bar Type||Engineering|
|FlexRake® IQ™||Coarse & Fine||⅛ in to 4 in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration||Coarse||Greater than ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Full Penetration Fine Screen||Fine||¼ in to ½ in||Slotted Bar, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Fine Screen||Fine||0.020 in to ⅛ in||Wedgewire, SSTL||Site Specific|
|FlexRake® Fine Screen Boutique||Fine||0.020 in to ⅛ in||Wedgewire, SSTL||Pre-Engineered|
|Package Screening System||Coarse & Fine||0.020 to 2 in||Slotted Bar or Wedgewire||Site Specific|